Tuesday, April 7, 2015

it's normal to throw cookie cutters at people and stand in a make-shift downpour, isn't it???

     The past few days have been sort of crazy, so that's why I haven't updated much. But, its time to get back on track. Where did I leave off? Oh yea, the surprise birthday dinner. Well, after we had finished our dinner, and by dinner, I mean me eating three quarters of my salad and probably a spoonful of glitter (yes I said glitter because one of my cards was filled with glitter...thank you) , the girls told me that we were going to go back to my house and I was going to pack a bag. Pack a bag? What the hell did that mean? I knew that my friends were good people, but kidnappers??? (totally kidding, it was all in good fun)

  So I packed a 'bag" filled with a swimsuit, pajamas, a flip cam (I don’t know why…) and other random junk and we were well on our way back to the hotel. I didn't have much an idea of what was about to happen and frankly I was a little excited. Ok, a lot excited. We got into the room and after a few more surprises (I’ll touch on those later because that gets its own post, let me tell you.), the girls explained that we were going to film a video.  A video, you ask? What kind? Well, I will tell you. You see, the band Hanson is holding their first MOEY awards. This was announced earlier in the day and everyone got all freaked out on what to send out. Ok, being honest, I got freaked out and texted everyone about doing something. Little did I know, through TRICKERY, the girls had already planned something.  A MOEY is a little award that you can win in various categories. It’s probably painted plastic that is stuck on a giant stick, but come one now, HANSON will probably personally hand it to us if…I mean, when we win so…it’s something we need to deal with.  A GROUP LIP SYNC VIDEO was the category we were going to shoot for—literally. The song we choose was WEIRD and the video concept was simple: Two girls were to be awaken by their alarm clock thinking that they were going to have a normal day, but in actuality, their day wasn’t so normal. We all had on Hanson shirts, our own parts in the video, various Hanson merch thrown into each shot, and of course a guest appearance by a wickedly cool saxophone. It was going to be a pretty good video. And let’s be serious, us girls are pretty badass so of course it was going to be a winner.
   
   As we started shooting the video, hilarious things started to occur. Sure, it was only midnight and we were ‘high’ on the excitement earlier in the night, so it was only normal that things may have gotten a little crazy. The next day, after we had filmed various hallway scenes and bathroom scenes, the girls (I was at work, dreading the day ahead and very tired) filmed one scene in particular: There is a part in the song that talks about ‘standing in the rain,’ and well, where are 7 girls going to find rain during a sunny weekend? The shower of course!!! Like I said, I wasn’t these to witness exactly how it all played out, but if you watch the final video, it is quite funny how you can turn a shower head into a dreary, rainy downpour.
  
   The video was coming along great and the next day, I had to film my two parts: the cookie cutter part and the change part. I believe that it’s perfectly normal to wear really ugly denim (thank you Taylor) paired with ridiculously bright neon leggings and lip sync a part of a HANSON song while cookie cutters are being thrown at your head. Am I right? Yes, yes I am. Cookie cutters, for your information, may hurt your face if not thrown in the proper fashion. They have sharp edges and minds of their own!!!! But really, the shots turned out great and everything was coming together. Now all we had to do was edit and send it off.

      The final shots were to be sent off the editing studio (which in reality was a room with a super cool computer, a super cool editor and a lot of time..but editing studio sounds cooler.) We were all excited to see the finished product and couldn’t wait to start promoting it. We had to get at least 200 views (my bad, I said likes before, but my editor informed me that I was wrong. hahaa)  in order to submit it. And we did end up getting 300 views (damnit!!!). The video has been submitted and now all we do is wait. Wait until we are either nominated or HANSON is just idiots and don’t nominate us at all…which I don’t wanna jinx it, but we sort of have this in the bag. 

      It’s funny how one idea sparks inside all of our minds and we brainstorm to come up with a such an amazing end product. The video turned out great, just as we all had imagined it would.  It is creative, thought out and executed well, it is funny as well as deep (and by deep I mean, someone could have drown in that shower rain!!! Haha) and it was created by all of us. Together.  And that is what friendship is really all about: being together and doing things together, whether it be making crazy videos or just getting together and talking. It is our strong friendship that binds us together no matter where we are.


To watch the video, click here: #mytribe WEIRD video

No comments:

Post a Comment